Friday, June 27, 2014

THE SOLEMNITY OF THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS..............

One of the universal devotions of Catholic-Christians is veneration of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, sign of the Love of Jesus The Christ for Humankind.  God is Love and the Heart of Jesus is the vessel of Divine Love that we as Christian Disciples can identify with and relate to as human beings who feel, share, and experience, the power of love in our lives.  As we commemorate today the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart, may the enthronement of God's Love take center place in our lives, not  only today but everyday in increasing ways.  My thoughts and prayers today are particularly with the People of God in Sacred Heart Parish here in East Sacramento.  I am truly blessed  with their solidarity and support for my priestly ministry, during the twenty seven months I have been involuntarily exiled without a ministry assignment or parish placement.  May the kindness and acceptance you have shown me be blessed by the Love of Jesus' Sacred Heart and serve as an enlightenment to others who make my right leg below the knee amputation a pre-emption of my priesthood rather than choosing to empower my continuing in assigned, full time, active ministry of God's People here in my native diocese.  "O Sacred Heart, my hope lies deep in You"..............fr.tdp

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive