Sunday, June 15, 2014

AFFIRMING OUR BELIEF IN THE HOLY TRINITY PRESIDING @ THE 9:30 AM SACHEART PARISH MASS TODAY..............

Having returned from Washington D.C. after two weeks there last night, I will be presiding and preaching at the 9:30am Trinity Sunday Mass in the Sacred Heart Parish School Gymnasium this morning.  This will be only the fifth Mass and just the eighth time I have preached publicly. since being thrust into Mercy McMahon Terrace as an unenlightened response to my below the knee right leg amputation.  I am grateful to Msgr. Walton Sacred Heart's Pastor, for the opportunity to celebrate public Sunday Masses during the next few weeks.  With the announcement today that another priest has been appointed full time Parochial Vicar of Sacred Heart Parish effective July 10th, my informal, unofficial, priestly  ministry at SacHeart seems to be  drawing to a close.  I will miss it especially given the continuing ambivalence and indecisiveness of Diocesan Administration to provide me with a rectory placement and parish ministry assignment for the weekly celebration of Mass and Sacraments (as well as Adult Faith Formation) - the basic components of presbyteral ministry of a Catholic Priest.  I renew my invocation of God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, that the affirmation of Faith in the dignity of the human person will supplant the Fear and insensitivity of my being a Disabled Priest of Jesus Christ in my native Diocese of Sacramento..............Fr.  Troy David

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive