Thursday, June 17, 2010

TRANSITIONING : MY CLOSING WEEKS OF MINISTRY @ SACHEART; AND PREPARATIONS FOR BECOMING PASTOR OF OLOL PARISH IN 2 WEEKS..........

As I wrap up my 6 month stay as a priest In Residence at Sacred Heart Parish in East Sacramento, and prepare to become Pastor of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, in Del Paso Heights / Rio Linda, two weeks from today, my life and priestly ministry are in transition. Although I am still fully keeping my schedule of celebrating Masses, Confessions, Anointings of the Sick and Dying, and pastoral counseling appointments, at Sacred Heart, I am also spending a fair amount of time planning and preparing to assume the pastorate of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, in North Sacramento. Meetings at the parish and the diocese, as well as attending their parish festival, and pondering my initial introductory themes and ministry focus, as Our Lady of Lourdes next Pastor, are all on my plate in these exciting and transitional days. And then there is saying thank you and farewell to Sacred Heart parishioners and staff next over the next week and a half, and
packing, and moving, the last three days of June. But as busy as these coming days will be I vow to be as loyal as possible in writing my blog on a daily or every other day basis, until I arrive in my new appointment as Pastor. Thank you for patiently, perseveringly, loyally, and lovingly, reading my blog and sharing your comments. It is a joy to serve you in this way..........In The Prayers And Peace Of Jesus The Lord, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive