Wednesday, June 23, 2010

MEETING WITH THE BISHOP ABOUT MY APPOINTMENT AS PASTOR OF OUR LADY OF LOURDES PARISH..........

This morning I had a cordial and affirming twenty minute meeting with Bishop Jaime Soto, in his office at the Diocesan Pastoral Center, at 2110 Broadway. We met to discuss my being appointed as the next Pastor of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, Del Pao Heights / Rio Linda, in North Sacramento in eight days time. After discussing my taking up the pastorate and return to fulltime priestly pastoral ministry, in that parish community and what I bring to it and can expect, we also talked about my current state of health since the kidney transplant, and my readiness to proceed in serving and leading OLOL, as the perfect fit for me and for those parishioners as I am reactivated to being a Pastor of the Church. On Saturday I will have my second meeting with Rev. Fr. Mitch Malezyk, the outgoing Parochial Administrator of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, and make my third visit to OLOL, since being appointed Pastor-designate last month, to receive the keys to the parish plant and other transitional directions regarding parish operations. Then on Monday to Wednesday, the packing and moving from Sacred Heart in East Sacramento begins. I am looking forward to this new chapter in the book of my priestly life and pastoral ministry and am blessed to have the parishioners of Our Lady of Lourdes as my next community of believers to serve and to lead, as a Priest of Jesus Christ and the Diocese of Sacramento and a Pastor of the Church..........Mary Our Mother, "Our Lady of Lourdes", Pray For Us, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive