Wednesday, June 30, 2010

PACKING FOR.....MOVING TO.....ARRIVING AT.....OUR LADY OF LOURDES PARISH; AND SAYING FAREWELL TO SACRED HEART PARSH..........

After 6 months, 181 days and nights, In Residence at Sacred Heart Parish rectory in East Sacramento, I am finishing up the packing and my friends Victor and Hernon, will arrive mid morning to help me move my belongings to Our Lady of Lourdes Parish rectory in Del Paso Heights / Rio Linda. .....Victor, his nephew Alex, and Hernon had me moved out of Sacred Heart rectory and into Our Lady of Lourdes rectory in just three hours, my fastest parish move in the eleven of my ordained life. Moved in is one thing, unpacking and organizing is another. And what I have with me is only a fraction of my belongings, as most is in storage. I am settling into my OLOL surroundings just after 4 pm and await Father Anthony Traynor's arrival, as we going to dinner and then downtown to the Crest Theatre on the K Street mall for the Cottage Housing Inc.'s first ever 'Beacon Of Hope', Testimonial Tribute to retired Sacramento Bishop Francis Anthony Quinn.....Returned from the truly fabulous Beacon of Hope event feting Bishop Quinn, I return to today's blog column as I unwind and prepare for Day One as Pastor of Our Ldy of Lourdes. The 8 am Mass should feel real good, knowing after six years to the month I have reached my goal to be reactivated to fulltime priestly parish ministry as a Pastor to the Church. Now for the practicalities of setlling in and sorting out who's who, where's where, and what's what, as the first weekend of my fourth pastorate, the 4th of July weekend at that, comes into focus..........Anticipating The Joy Of Servant Leadership At OLOL, As We Enter The Second Half Of 2010,
Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive