Monday, March 15, 2010

MORE LENTEN PARISH STUDENT CONFESSIONS, HOMEBOUND SICK CALLS, AND DISCIPLES ON THE JOURNEY SESSIONS..........

Kudos to Bee sports writer, John Schumacher and to the newspaper's Sports Editor, for the story reporting Coach Bob Mattos' passing yesterday of brain cancer at age 68. It was wonderfully written and appropriately placed on the front page of the Sports section of the Sacramento Bee. For as football player and coach, Bob Mattos earned earned the right to be called, "Mr. Hornet"..........This week brings parish pastoral ministries to assist with, including the completion of Lenten parish school Confessions today and tomorrow, and continuation of the seasonal sacramental visits to elderly, infirm, parishioners in the East Sacramento / Midtown neighborhood. The Disciples On The Journey groups are also still gathering weekly in parishioner homes and I will be attending more of those sessions this week. This is the daily work of being a priest in addition to celebrating Mass, that has drawn me to the diocesan priesthood as my vocation. I am pleased that as I immerse myself in a normal schedule of pastoral work again after having to maintain a much lesser schedule the past 3-6 years, that I am succeeding at doing the ministry given to me here at Sacred Heart as a priest, In Residence, without detriment to my health or well being. It Is time for my daily walk in the brilliant sunshine the past few days have brought us..........Peace +Prayers As The Spring Time Of The Church Proceeds, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive