Saturday, July 5, 2014

REMEMBERING "92" AND MEMORIES SO VIVIDLY TRUE..............

Ninety two years ago today, July 5, 1922, my mother Josephine Virginia was born at home in Sacramento California.  She went home to God and Eternal Life on December 2, 1982.  In her 60 years 4 months and 27 days of life on earth she was generously and religiously loving. faithful, and true, to her family, friends, neighbors, fellow believers, and to strangers, with an abundance of daily kindnesses and remembrances, that form a treasury of memories that flow deep even now, nearly thirty two years after her death.  Two of the most vivid treasures my mother shared and instilled in me were a profound love for God and our Catholic-Christian Faith; and the strength to stand up and be counted about what I strongly believe in, just as she did throughout her life.  In fairness and justice my mother spoke up when she or others she knew and cared about were victims of wrongdoing.  Were she alive now as my priestly ministry is being marginalized she would be true to her convictions and be unequivocally advocating for my return to full time parish ministry, as she was always wholeheartedly supportive of my discernment and decision to become a priest, even though she died in the first year I was a seminarian.  And so those who think I am too strong willed in my resolve to resume carrying out my vocation as an ordained  Catholic priest who is physically disabled but still very able to minister as a presider, preacher, and servant-leader, of God, know that my perseverance in doing that has been inculcated into me by the fidelity and fervency of my beloved Mother -  Josephine Virginia Corey Feusi Powers.  God Love You Forever.  I Do..............Troy David

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive