Saturday, April 5, 2014

OVERCOMING THE HURDLES TO SEEING AND BEING WHO JESUS WANTS US TO BE..............

The consequences of disobedience and sin being fallen human nature, there are in every person's life no matter how good and virtuous we are -  hurdles to be overcome and shortcomings to be addressed.  They may be lapses in morality, or the occurrences of diseases and disabilities, we fall susceptible to, or limitations and obstacles imposed upon us  by others with their own agendas of obstruction.  I learned in my youth the necessity not to let those obstacles and  obstructions stop me from being  the best and most hardworking person I can be, despite the disability I have endured from birth by rising above it and anything standing in the way of accomplishing the goal of  fully being me. The same  is true  of moist disabled or diseased  persons seeking not to be  held captive by the circumstances they are confronted by.  Our best friend and greatest advocate in overcoming the hurdles in our lives is the Lord Jesus, the Divine Teacher and Healer, Who calls and enables us to  be all we can be as citizens  of  the World and  Disciples of Faith. I have had  to revisit that reality anew in the past few years as  a result of my transplant and amputation, and the indifference, insensitivity, and even ignorance,  I have had  to contend with on the part of some who have a disconnect with the disabled and those  with special needs. I have come to realize if that is true for me as a Priest of Jesus Christ,  how many more persons in the disability community are being treated  in like manner, maybe even more so.  No  human being or institution should be  allowed  to obstruct or stop us from being the  persons wants us and sacrificed Himself for us to be as Catholic-Christians.   Just as I have prayerfully discerned and decided to act in a proactive to rise above the hurdles currently placed in my life and  ministry; so too, do I strongly encourage you not to give up or give in, whatever your conditions, but to find a positive response to  act upon and that facilitates your ability to move forward instead of being stalled or set aside.  In the  United States that includes the  assurance and advocacy such  as the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) the National Catholic Partnership for Disability (N.C.P.D.) and the U.S. International Council on Disabilities (U.S.I.C.D.) among an increasing number of organizations and ministries serving and  advocating for those of us with Disabilities and Special Needs.  My current action to further and strengthen my priestly ministry is to resume my postgraduate education so as to better serve and lead others in Disability Ministry.  Whatever your passion, exercise the rights of your human dignity and rise above your obstructions and decide to do what Jesus The Lord is inviting you to embrace and experience as you move forward in Living Faith and Fidelity..............fr.tdp

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive