Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A PRAYERFULLY DISCERNED PROACTIVE PUSH FORWARD IN FURTHERING MY PRIESTLY MINISTRY..............

After  waiting on the  sidelines of a senior citizens residence for more than two years, at only age 57, with persons twenty to forty five years older and without an assignment to priestly  ministry or a parish placement, thus doing only minimal, piecemeal, pastoral  ministry as a result; after much prayerful  discernment and the counsel of several persons who truly care about me and the continuation of my active ministry as a Priest of Jesus Christ, I have made a proactive decision to further the effectiveness of my ministry as a  priest.  I have decided to resume my postgraduate education and have enrolled at the Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C., to study for a Doctorate in Ministry degree.  The D.Min studies are both online and residential.  It began online this  Monday March 31st, continuing through May; will includes two weeks  of class instruction on the CUA campus in June; and then continues online through August.  That will be the schedule of study for the spring  and summer of  2014, 2015,  and 2016.  That will be followed by two additional semesters completing and defending a dissertation and a pastoral project to be implemented.  I made an orientation to the campus last week and am all the more impressed and excited to be starting this newest meaningful life and ministry experience.  My D.Min studies are in Pastoral Care with a concentration on the New Evangelization.  My particular degree focus will be on Disability Ministry.  As  a life long disabled person and a priest with special needs, my desire and empathy for strengthening positive participation and inclusion of Persons With Disabilities and Special Needs is the ongoing goal of entering  and completing this postgraduate education endeavor.  I thank everyone for their prayers, affirmation, and support, now as you have been through the years.  More updates on my CUA D.Min endeavors son and often..............Father Troy David Powers

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive