Wednesday, July 17, 2013

WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE ?.............

So much has happened in the past seven weeks that I was unable to blog, about, that I will do my best to address as many of the developments as I can  in the days and weeks ahead.Today, I will provide an updated summary of the current state of my priestly ministry.  In early May, after fourteen months of involuntary exile at Mercy McMahon Terrace, more than double the length of time I was told at the outset it was expected I would be here; I was informed by the Diocesan Administration that I would be allowed to move our of MMT not into a rectory but into an  apartment .No guarantee of a new, official, assignment to public, liturgical, sacramental, homiletic, ministry was included, despite the sound and solid ministry proposal request I submitted on Easter Monday.  So for a few more months I will remain in this geriatric facility where I am 20-45 years younger than the other residents,  including the other two priests and Bishop Emeritus Quinn, who are retired, while I am not retired,and neither am I a geriatric............Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive