Monday, July 9, 2012

90...62...30...6...1922......2012............

Last Thursday July 5th, was the 90th Anniversary of my Mother's Birthday.  My Father would have been 90 on February 25, 2012.  Today, would have been my Parent's, Troy Doil, and Josephine Virginia's 62nd Wedding Anniversary.  It was thirty years ago tonight we celebrated my parents 32nd and last wedding anniversary before my mother's passing. At her request the venue was the, 'Zombie Hut',  Hawaiian / Polynesian inspired nightclub and restaurant (1945-1990) on Freeport Boulevard, just off of Fruitridge Road, in South Sacramento.  Nearly thirty years after my mother's death. and only months following the sixth year after my father's passing; on this 30th anniversary night of their one and only visit to the Zombie Hut, for the last earthly wedding anniversary they celebrated - I lift to salute and commemorate them in my mind's eye, a Zombie cocktail, as we did that night; and in my heart remember with love, the "Anniversary Waltz", they danced to that night after I primed my father with enough of the house's speciality drink to get him to agree to join my mother on the dance floor as the Polynesian Band and Dancers, serenaded and saluted them !!!!!!!!!!!!............Your Loving and Remembering Son,  Troy David  

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive