Wednesday, January 15, 2014

CATALINA ISLAND..............

I blog today from Catalina Island, in Southern California; my first visit to this beautiful enclave, the first of two ports of call on a four day cruise I am taking with my colleague, Father Ben DeLeon.  Catalina is everything I have always heard about it - a quaint, friendly, and relaxing, island community.  Having traveled with my powerchair, in order to disembark from the ship to tender across to Catalina Island, required that I stand and walk ten steps up onto the tender transport vehicle and ten steps down back onto the cruise ship which I did without incident.  It is a rejuvenating and very welcome few days escape. I proposed to Fr. Ben we take a cruise after Christmas in memory of our departed colleague, Fr. Steven Foppiano, who also enjoyed them. We cruise onward to Ensenada Mexico tomorrow, from where I will next blog..............fr.tdp

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive