Sunday, December 18, 2011

DECEMBER 18TH'S MEMORABLE SIGNIFICANCE IN MY FAMILY HISTORY...........

Over the past twenty nine years this date, December 18th, has marked three significant memorable occasions in my life.  One involving a funeral; the other two weddings.  It was on this day, in 1982, that my Grandmother Powers passed away, ten days before her 86th Birthday; and just sixteen days after my Mother.  Following her passing away that morning of Saturday December 18, 1982, that same afternoon, my 'Original Six' Sac State Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity Brother, Robert 'Bob' Butcher was wed in St. Charles Borromeo Church, in South Sacramento's Parkway Estates.  Just over ten years after his passing away, I still miss him deeply for his brotherly love and honest friendship.  On this day in 1988, I was again at a fratenity brother and very close friend's wedding in Grass Valley, when Curtis "CL" Richards was married.  The closeness of our brotherly bond continues, even as for the past twelve years and three quarters, his life and work have him residing in Washington, D.C. .  And now, as Pastor of OLOL Parish, his mother, father, grandmother, sister, and nephew, are my parishioners.  My ever increasing love for history, dates, details, and the meaning behind them, causes me to remember, and celebrate with heartfelt memories these kind of milestones in my circle of family and friends...........Fr.  Troy 

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive