Saturday, May 22, 2010

A PERSONAL AND PASTORAL, "NEW PENTECOST" IN PRIESTLY MINISTRY..........

As we celebrate Pentecost and the renewed coming of the Holy Spirit into the life of the Church and the World, a New Pentecost is occurring nine months after my kidney transplant, in the priestly ministry God intends for me to continue and the Church ordained me to carry out, 23 years ago in the Sacramento Diocese. Bishop Jaime Soto, in consultation with the Priests' Personnel Board, has appointed me Pastor of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, Del Paso Heights / Rio Linda, in North Sacramento, effective July 1, 2010. I am grateful to the Bishop and the Board, for the opportunity to lead and serve the parishioners of Our Lady of Lourdes, where I lived In Residence for seven months in 2004-05. It is the parish Rev. Fr. Anthony Traynor is the Pastor Emeritus of. For the next five and a half weeks I will continue In Residence, with Rev. Msgr. Robert Walton, at Sacred Heart Parish in East Sacramento, through June 30.....More to come about all this in the days and weeks ahead.......... In Gratitude For God's Spirit Of Strength, Sustenance, And Sanctification, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive