Saturday, May 22, 2010

FRIDAY EVENING DINNER WITH A FORMER PARISHIONER, FRIEND, AND TRUE LADY..........

Last night, I was invited to dinner by a St. John the Baptist Church parishioner in Folsom, Elaine Massey, who for the past twenty two years I have known, worked with, and cherished as a special friend. A retired teacher and school administrator, she has for many decades been a very active participant in the Folsom parish, serving in a multitude of ministries through the years for the betterment of the St. John's church community. During my three and a half years as Associate Pastor in Folsom, Elaine served with the Pastor Rev. Fr. Wiliam Kinane and I, very well. She was always there, ready to help in getting any and all parish projects done with aplomb, effectiveness, efficiency, and vision. When the current St. John the Baptist Parish church was built and decicated 20 years ago, I had the good fortune to work closely with with Elaine and the New Church Dedication Committee, in preparing the Solemn Liturgy and Dedication Dinner celebration. She and I even appeared together on Channel 10's public affairs program at that time, "A New Morning", hosted by my fiend Jean LaMotte, to talk about the Dedication Celebration. And through the eighteen since I moved on from the Folsom parish, Elaine and I have remained friends, and she has proven to be a faithful supporter of me and my priestly ministry. Last summer she rallied the Folsom parishioners to support me during the time of my kidney transplant and convalescence. That is the kind of caring, considerate, and conscientious, woman of faith, fellowship, collegiality, and collaboration, with and for others, she is. Now widowed, she continues to serve in the various ministries of St. John the Baptist Parish with the current Pastor, Rev. Fr. Rey Bersabol, just as she did with Fr. Kinane and his successor, Rev. Fr. Ignatius Haran. She and her late husbank, Clarke, raised two sons ans she now also spends quality time with them and their families in the Bay Area and Reno, and savors her grandchildren. Friday night she served Fr. Rey and I, a delicious dinner and a delightful evening of conversation. I am blessed to have her as a friend, just as the Folsom parishioners are graced with her presence as a fellow believer and neighbor, who makes a true difference in the betterment of our lives. God continue to bless you Elaine..........In The Faith, Fellowship, And Friendships, We Share As Believers In The Spirit Sending, Risen And Ascended Christ, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive