Tuesday, January 5, 2010

MY FIRST SOLO RUN OPENING UP AND ORGANIZING THE CHURCH FOR MASS..........

Today, Tuesday January 5, I am celebrating the 8 am Mass here at Sacred Heart and for the first time had to go over at 7 am to open the church, the safe, and the entrance doors, while also organizing my chalice and the proper Mass intention for the Prayers of the Faithful, as he priests do every morning. I went over early to practice on the combination and voila, taking it slowly got the safe open in my first attempt. Given my success rate with physical and mechanical things, that is rare. After morning Mass and breakfast, my priority project today is to check out the gym across the street to determine if the aerorbic and cardiac workouts Dr. Bhat recommends that I do and Dr. McMonagle concurs is vital, is possible there. Otherwise I continue to familiarize myself with Sacred Heart Parish and East Sacramento, as I proceed in working with Msgr. Walton and the people in this community of Catholic-Christian believers..........On This Feast of St. John Neumann, Bishop, Along with St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Wife, Mother, Widow, Religious Foundress, Were the First Canonized American Born Saints,** Fr. Troy

**The Memorials of these 2 American Saints are Jan. 4, for St. Elizabeth Ann Seton
Jan. 5, for St. John Neumann
on the Liturgical Calendar, thus occurring in the Christmas Season.**

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive