Wednesday, June 17, 2009

IN SEARCH OF POST KIDNEY TRANSPLANT CAREGIVERS.........

As the time for my kidney transplant nears, it is my all important responsibility to find and retain, 24 / 7 caregivers to help me in the first one to two months after the transplant surgery. My family members, personal friends, and parishioners are all acceptable caregivers. I will need at least two caregivers sharing a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for one to two months of my convalescence period after my transplant. A multiplicity of caregivers during that two month period will lighten the load and is also acceptable. Helping me for one day, several days of each week, one week's time, or for one month, or the entire two months will be very much appreciated. Even children and teenagers can help me, although they cannot be primary caregivers during my initial recovery period. The essential elements of my caregivers responsibilities will be : Providing me with transportation to Transplant Center , getting me to and from all medical appointments and accompanying me to all the follow-up appointments during the initial convalescence period; I will also need the caregivers to provide help with Taking the prescribed medications at the appropriate times, in the proper dosages, and also getting medications refilled; The caregivers will also monitor my blood pressure, temperature, weight, and blood sugar levels; Calling the Transplant Coordinator as instructed or needed; During those two months I will also need help with Cooking and preparing my meals; Dressing and bathing; doing my Laundry, as I will not be able to lift more than 5-10 lbs., for a month after leaving the hospital; assisting me in paying my bills; and providing me with companionship during my convalescence. I must have a 24/7 team of caregivers in place before the transplant can occur. My transplant will not take place if 24 / 7 caregivers are not put in place first. The caregivers must be able to go to Los Angeles or Phoenix, should my kidney transplant occur in either of those cities. I am supremely confident that my circle of friends and community of believers will step up in sufficent numbers to provide for my post transplant recovery and convalescence. Thank you for your interest or willingness to become my caregiver and support me in this important endeavor. If you are willing to be one of my caregivers please call me at Presentation Parish, 916-481-7441, ext. 12; or on my land-line, 916-485-1841. If I am not in when you call, leave a voice mail message with your name and telephone number. "May the Lord God bless you and keep you, May the Lord God make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you, May the Lord God grant you peace".........Father TROY DAVID POWERS

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive