Thursday, May 2, 2013

26 YEARS TODAY DOING WHAT GOD CALLED ME TO DO WITH MY LIFE.............

I awake early on this Thursday May 2, 2013; to pray and meet the day which is the 26th Anniversary of my Ordination to the Priesthood of Jesus Christ, to pray and prepare to celebtate the day spiritually, socially, and liturgically.  After morning prayer. and a period of praise, thanksgiving, and reflection, on my Life, Faith, and Vocation, I will roll across the street to Sacred Heart Church, to concelebrate the 8 a.m. Mass with Monsignor Robert P. Walton.  Then I will have breakfast and proceed to exchange e-mails, Facebook messages, and phone calls, with my circle of friends.  It is my hope to schedule to have lunch with others somewhere in the wider community, as on this special day I especially desire to dine outside the walls of MMT, either with friends or on my own, in order to elevate and normalize an important day that I suppose will not be marked here in anyway.  Depending on the final decision about where I will have lunch, I am thinking of going to dinner under my own power in the wheelchair at Formoli's, a restaurant two buildings down 'J' Street.  As I seek to move out and move on with my active ministry in my normal settings for a priest my age, I will do today the priestly ministry I am completely convinced God has called me to continue doing with my full life, and that I was ordained the 40th native born, local grown, Sacramento priest by Bishop Francis Anthony Quinn, to be for the Diocese of Sacramento.  I also pray, commend, and lift up, my Sacramento seminary classmates, Reverend Father Eduino Silviera, and Paul Schloeder, on this their 26th Ordination anniversaries.  Finally, as I give thanks and praise to God for calling me to share in the ordained Priesthood of Jesus Christ, I extend and express my gratitude to the People of God in the 11 Parishes ir has been my privilege and pleasure to serve and lead during the past twenty six years.  You are in my thoughts, prayers, and in my heart, for the opportunities of ministry in Faith, Fellowship, Collegiality, and Collaboration, we have shared together.  The Lord Jesus Bless You and Keep You; The Lord Jesus Make His Face Shine Upon Your Face And Be Gracious To You; May The Lord Jesus Grant You Peace.............Reverend Father Troy David Powers

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive