Monday, April 19, 2010

THE 1ST ANNIVERSARY OF MY BLOG : "MAY THE LORD WHO HAS BEGUN THIS GOOD WORK IN YOU, BRING IT TO FULFILLMENT"..........

Today is one year since I began blogging here on Google blogspot.com, this literary offering titled, "Insights Into Life And Faith By Father Troy David Powers". I am grateful to my loyal readers, who have followed and frequented the blog during its first year. As I write this 301st edition and begin the second year of blogging, I am confident it will be worthy of your time to read and reflect upon; and that you will also recommend it to your familes, friends, and fellow believers, that they too may experience and benefit from it.....Glory and Praise to God and Gratitude and Appreciation to All of You !!!!!!!!!! Alleluia ! Amen !!..........fr.tdp

.....On April 19, 1986, twenty fours years ago, my St. Patrick's Seminary, Menlo Park, classmates and I were ordained Transitional Deacons, at St. Pius X Church, in Redwood City, California. The 25 of us were ordained by then San Francisco Archbishop John Raphael Quinn. Some of you reading this may well have been present on that Saturday morning, as I chose to charter a bus from Sacramento, to bring family and friends to the Diaconate ordination. It was an awesome day and Archbishop Quinn presided and preached with aplomb, as we were called and chosen to bring to fulfillment the good work of serving God's People, during the time we would finalize our preparation for ordination to the Priesthood of Jesus Christ. We were a unique Deacon Class. Although, all 25 of us were ordained deacons together for our respective dioceses or orders, we were ordained priests on a flexible schedule spread over a 53 week period. My Santa Rosa, CA and Indianapolis, IN, classmates were ordained seven weeks after becoming transitional deacons; me and my three Sacramento, CA classmates one year and 13 days following our diaconate ordination, and our San Jose, CA classmates, five weeks after us.....I served my Deacon Year in St. Joseph's Parish, in Auburn with the Pastor, Reverend Father Anthony Traynor and Rev. Frs. Joseph Huong, and William Kelly, S.D.S. In addition to assisting at Sunday and daily Mass, preaching, baptizing, and officiating at marriages, I also worked during that year as the interim Parish Director of Religious Education..... So as my 24th Anniversary of being ordained to the Diaconate arrives with its thirteen day countdown to the 23rd anniversary of ordination to the Priesthood, I acclaim the Lord God for calling and blessing me and for the people of the Church of Sacramento and the parishioners of the ten diocesan parishes in which I have lived and served to date..........
May The Lord Bless You And Keep You In The Easter Faith Of The Risen Christ, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive