Sunday, April 19, 2009

WELCOME TO MY NEW BLOG...INSIGHTS INTO LIFE + FAITH BY FATHER TROY POWERS

This is the premiere edition of my new blog, which is now the place my parishioners, friends, and fellow believers, can find my weekly Sunday columns, on the theological, scriptural, sacramental, liturgical, ecumenical, and social gospel, messages I wish to share with you. I have entitled my blog, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH", BY FATHER TROY POWERS, and it is my intention to proceed here in the same manner I have until now written my Sunday Bulletin columns.

By way of introduction I am Reverend Father Troy David Powers, age 52, a Catholic priest in the Diocese of Sacramento for 22 years. A native of South Sacramento, I attended these public schools in Sacramento: Woodbine Elementary School, Charles Goethe Junior High School, Luther Burbank Senior High School, Sacramento City College, and California State University Sacramento. My undergraduate education major was Political Science/Government, with a minor in History, and my concentration was in the American Presidency.

I attended two theologates, St. Kieran's Seminary, in Kilkenny Ireland, and St. Patrick's Seminary, in Menlo Park, California. I received a Certificate in Theology from St. Kieran's and a Masters in Divinity, from St. Patrick's seminaries. Ordained to the Transitional Diaconate on April 19, 1986, Ordination to the Priesthood at the hands of Bishop Francis Anthony Quinn, took place in the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacramento in Sacramento, on May 2, 1987.

Having served my Deacon Year in St. Joseph's Parish, Auburn; I have served in 10 parishes to date as a priest, Holy Family Parish, Citrus Heights; St. John the Baptist Parish, Folsom; Holy Rosary Parish, Woodland; St. Joseph's Parish, Yreka; St. Thomas the Apostle Parish, Oroville; Our Lady of Lourdes, Del Paso Heights/Rio Linda; St. Rose's Parish, South Sacramento; Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Philomene's Parishes, Arden/Arcade.
An Associate Pastor/Parochial Vicar in the Citrus Heights, Folsom, Woodland, South Sacramento, and Arden/Arcade parishes, I have served as Pastor of the parishes in Yreka, Oroville, and Citrus Heights.

This priestly and pastoral experience, united with my naturally inquiring mind make me want to share my thoughts with you in writing, in a timely, meaningful, and pertinent manner. Thank you for taking the time to read my offerings now and in the weeks to come. "Insights Into Life + Faith", is here to help you on your personal and communal journeys to grow in your relationship with the Risen Jesus and the Church, and the faithful and fervant discipleship Jesus the Christ is inviting you to share.........Gratefully Yours in the Redeemer of Humankind, Father Troy...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The URL Address for "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE + FAITH", BY FATHER TROY POWERS is :

http://troydavidpowers.blogspot.com

Come and Visit. Your Comments to the columns I write is gladly welcomed...tdp

Unknown said...

Today is the 22nd Anniversary of your Ordination to the Priesthood, dear Father Troy.
We all your friends celebrate and thank God for giving our Church the wonderful gift of a priest so unique, brave, and enlightened.
Dear Father Troy, you are a blessing for all of us that have the privilege to be your friends.
I am so glad that now we’ll be able to enjoy you inspired writings with the convenience of home delivery via internet. Isn’t this wonderful? Father Troy, no one delivers The Word the way you do it. You have this exceptional capability to write and speak so gracefully that I personally truly admire every one of your refined writings
We all love you Father because there’s nothing fake about you. You are genuine, you are for real. What we see is what we get.
Your mind is superior, however you are a down-to-earth, sensible, warm priest that has been able to keep going through life despite disabling health problems, among other difficulties. You are a true hero, an incredibly courageous man of God.
May Our Lord Bless you Father and please never stop writing.
PS. Please forgive my poor writing skills.

Unknown said...

HERNAN,
Thank you for your very kind and considerate 22nd anniversary message in response to my blog offerings. I appreciate your friendship and support. It is exciting for me to have this opportunity to write a Sunday column with the reach of the internet, making it available to all who choose to read it. Thanks also, for being my first reader to comment here on my writings. As for your writing skills, you communicate with clarity and sincerity. Love + Peace, Fr. Troy

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive